The post of stuff I ate over the weekend at Toronto Underground Market was already too long, so here are the remaining photos I had of vendors I didn’t manage to get to. At the end of the post is the list of all vendors (updated to 30/30!) that I could identify with sites and twitter handles that I could find.
L-Eat Catering had some house ketchup to take home along side their food offerings.
Lemonade – looked tasty. Logo, but no name found. Liked their table setup.
Thyme chips and brownies from Nice Bake Shop.
Clockwise from top left: Bistro Filipino, Vijaya’s & Krishna’s Pure South-Indian Vegetarian Cuisine, Comida Del Pueblo, Shi-Naki, Tartina, and West Side Beef. The line up for Bistro Filipino and Comida Del Pueblo were too long, though I was interested in trying their stuff. Next time! Shi-Naki I overheard had some awesome quesadillas. By the time the line was short enough to have a go, I was too full.
Along with some beer & wine vendors: Beau’s, Amsterdam, Flying Monkeys, Stone Hammer (didn’t see these guys, but they’re on the TUM site), and Lailey Vineyards.
This was a well-organized event and many thanks to Hassel Aviles for organizing.
I couldn’t find a vendor list, official or not. So I had too much time on my hands and cobbled one together of vendor websites, their twitter handles, and what they sold. I may be missing one, as there were supposed to be: 25 vendors + 4 breweries + winery = 30, but I have only 29 on my list. There were also a few without names (top of the list, in grey). Can anyone fill-in the gaps?
- Adventurefood Frikandeller sandwich, Coco bun sandwich
- Albert Tan Smoked salmon ice cream sandwich
- Amsterdam Brewery Beer
- Backyard Kitchen Curry with French bread, 18-hour pulled pork sandwich
- Beau’s Beer
- Beech Tree, The Fish ‘n’ Chips, Sunday roast sandwich, auld spot sandwich, black and tan sandwich
- Big Smoke Coffee Co. Pork belly sandwiches, coffee, papaya egg-bread pudding
- Bistro Filipino Deep fried quail eggs, (more items I couldn’t figure out)
- Guy Rawlings Kombucha, Peach & Lavander (crumble), Mustard, Rillette & Saurkraut
- Comida Del Pueblo Cornbread grilled cheese, Chorizo bahn mi, Chocolate tamale w/hibiscus cream, Hibiscus Agua Fresca
- Flying Monkeys Beer
- Hackney Fine Foods Scotch egg
- Katrina’s Macarons
- L-Eat Catering House-made ketchup, chicken and smoked cheddar spring rolls
- La Carnita Mexican chorizo taco and Taco de lengua
- Lailey Vineyards Wine
- Les Amis d’Oeuf Fried bacon & egg dumplings
- Lunch Room, The Chocolate bouchon, goat cheese clafouti, almond financiers, macaroons, creme brulee
- Nice Bake Shop Thyme chips, brownies
- Picnic Society, The Cherry amaretto, brown sugar vanilla, and watermelon basil lemonades
- Popover Girl Sweet & savoury popovers
- Shi-Naki Tomato & melon gazpacho, pulled pork quesedilla, toasted spiced corn nuts
- Stone Hammer Beer
- Tartina Coconut cream and Dutch apple caramel cupcakes
- Tita Fl!ps Ukoy, garlic peanuts, lumpia shanghai
- Tricia’s Tasty Treats Organic kale pesto with whole wheat pasta
- Vijaya’s & Krishna’s Pure South-Indian Vegetarian Cuisine Lemon-lime rice, green mango rice, vanghibhath, papads
- Wes Allen Bottled spices, tomato rasam soup
- West Side Beef Co. Po’ Boys
- Wheelie Sweet Triple Chocolate Brownie, Salted Caramel Fudge Square, Mango White Chocolate Blondie, Pina Colada Square
November 10, 2011 at 8:20 pm
One that you missed was The Backyard Kitchen. We were right near the entrance, we are returning to the November TUM, with pulled pork wellingtons, coconut panko shrimp, deep fried bananas, poached pear/goat cheese tarts etc. There are limited numbers though.
We didn’t have a sign or anything (it was our first one) and hopefully we will have a sign this time
November 13, 2011 at 9:15 pm
Sorry, bit of an update… the food we were accepted to sell is the bananas and the shrimp. No tarts or wellington. Hope to see you there
March 20, 2012 at 3:08 pm
Looks like you missed Elle Cuisine as well. She’s tearing up the circuit! :)
March 24, 2012 at 10:21 am
Hi Will! I don’t think Elle was at the September TUM Market, was she? I feel like I would have remembered churros!
April 9, 2012 at 4:26 pm
I was there. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see you!
Let’s connect sometime at a future TUM event :)
– Chef Lauren Mozer
April 14, 2012 at 10:43 am
I totally missed you at that first event then! I totally thought I had snapped everyone – apologies! I’ll be at the Street Food Block party – hope to say hello there!
June 8, 2012 at 6:42 pm
Wondering if you have any other contact for Wes Allen’s Kitchen. I love his spices, but I’m not on Facebook, which appears to be his only contact info.
I’m in withdrawal!